David Goodman, a Cleveland lawyer who has played a leadership role in community organizations, has been named to the board of The George Gund Foundation.
Goodman, who has served as chair of the Center for Community Solutions and Planned Parenthood of Greater Cleveland, is a partner and coordinator of the public finance practice at Squire Sanders & Dempsey. He continues to serve on the Center’s board as well as the board of the Women’s Community Foundation and the visiting committee of the Levin College of Urban Affairs at Cleveland State University.
The George Gund Foundation, the largest private foundation in Ohio, was established in 1952 by George Gund, former chairman of the Cleveland Trust Company. The Foundation funds programs that enhance our understanding of the physical and social environment in which we live and increase our ability to cope with its changing requirements. Grants are made quarterly in the areas of education, human services, economic and community development, environment and arts. Foundation commitments to date have totaled more than $455 million.